Show simple item record

dc.date.accessioned2024-01-19T18:09:40Z
dc.date.available2024-01-19T18:09:40Z
dc.identifier.citationNelson Dionne Salem History Collection, Salem State University Archives and Special Collections, Salem, Massachusettsen_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/20.500.13013/3138
dc.description.abstractFred W. Yee opened Salem Lowe Co. at 228 Essex Street in 1912. The restaurant specialized in authentic Chinese cuisine and American fare. In the 1930s, Salem Lowe’s downtown location moved across Townhouse Square from Essex Street to 114 Washington Street. That same decade, Salem Lowe Co. opened a seasonal lunch stand in the Salem Willows, which quickly became renowned for serving chop suey sandwiches. After more than 20 years on Washington Street, the downtown location closed its doors for good. The Willows location remained open seasonally until August 2022, when David Yee retired and sold the property. When Salem Lowe closed, the restaurant had been in business for 110 years.
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.titleSalem Lowe Co.en_US
dc.typeOtheren_US
html.description.abstractFred W. Yee opened Salem Lowe Co. at 228 Essex Street in 1912. The restaurant specialized in authentic Chinese cuisine and American fare. In the 1930s, Salem Lowe’s downtown location moved across Townhouse Square from Essex Street to 114 Washington Street. That same decade, Salem Lowe Co. opened a seasonal lunch stand in the Salem Willows, which quickly became renowned for serving chop suey sandwiches. After more than 20 years on Washington Street, the downtown location closed its doors for good. The Willows location remained open seasonally until August 2022, when David Yee retired and sold the property. When Salem Lowe closed, the restaurant had been in business for 110 years.en_US
dc.date.displayPre-1930en_US
dc.contributor.corporateauthorSalem Lowe Co.


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
Salem Lowe Co..pdf
Size:
8.823Mb
Format:
PDF

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record