[Washington Street from Essex St.]
|SV093 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View down Essex Street from Washington Street, with a particular focus on some of the buildings at Town House Square. At left stands the First Church building, which later would became the home of Daniel Low & Company. To the center stands the Holyoke Building, which housed Holyoke Mutual Insurance Company until 1936 when it moved to a new building at Holyoke Square and later housed the locally famous Gerber's Restaurant. To the right of the Holyoke Building stands a building housing Julian A. Fogg & Co. The Price Building replaced it in 1875, and itself was taken down in 1969. The Holyoke Building, meanwhile, was destroyed by the Gerbers fire of January, 1971. The site of both buildings now houses Lappin Park and the Bewitched statue. Published by G.K. Proctor, Salem, Mass., c. 1870.
|[Washington Street from Essex St.]
|Town House Square