Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialG4C3+HQ Salem, MA
dc.creatorGuy & Bros.
dc.creatorCook & Friend
dc.date2021-11-24T14:05:49.000
dc.date.accessioned2021-11-29T13:06:34Z
dc.date.available2021-11-29T13:06:34Z
dc.date.issued1870-01-01T00:00:00-0752:58
dc.date.submitted2018-02-13T10:35:26-08:00
dc.identifierstereoviews/72
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/20.500.13013/1988
dc.description.abstractSV070 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of the old First Church at Town House Square on Essex Street, built in 1826, before its 1874 renovation in High Victorian Gothic style. Published by Guy & Bros., 163 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., and by photographers Cook & Friend, c. 1870. The church moved to the meetinghouse of the North Church (present First Church) in 1923 following a merger, and the building at Townhouse Square was later occupied by Daniel Low & Company until 1994. Presently, the building is occupied by Rockafellas restaurant and Colonial Hall.
dc.title[First Church Building on Essex St.]
dc.typeimage
dc.legacy.pubstatuspublished
dc.legacy.pubtitleStereoviews
dc.coverage.latitude42.5214375
dc.coverage.longitude-70.8955625
dc.identifier.idessexstreet015.tif
dc.legacy.identifieritemhttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/stereoviews/72
dc.legacy.identifierfilehttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/context/stereoviews/article/1074/type/native/viewcontent
dc.subject.keywordSalem
dc.subject.keywordChurches
dc.subject.keywordEssex Street
dc.subject.keywordFirst Church
dc.subject.keywordDaniel Low
dc.subject.keywordTown House Square


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
0-essexstreet015b.tif
Size:
31.10Mb
Format:
TIFF image
Thumbnail
Name:
essexstreet015.tif
Size:
23.18Mb
Format:
TIFF image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record