View of North River From Court House.
|dc.coverage.spatial||G4F3+88 Salem, MA|
|dc.creator||G.M. Whipple & A.A. Smith|
|dc.creator||J.W. & J.S. Moulton|
|dc.description.abstract||SV003 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of the North River from the roof of the 1861 Superior Court Building on Federal St. Visible in the foreground directly below is the Gorham & Lyman A. Smith House at 179 Bridge Street, with their coal, wood, and tannery supply business "L.A. Smith & Co." visible across the street. Beyond that, the Essex Railroad station and tracks are visible, and in the background across the river lies the tanneries, factories, and other buildings of North Salem. Published by G.M. Whipple & A.A. Smith, "booksellers and stationers," at 243 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., in "Views of Salem, Mass. and Vicinity," and by photographers J.W. & J.S. Moulton at 256 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., as part of "American Views," c. 1873-76.|
|dc.title||View of North River From Court House.|