Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialG4C3+9Q Salem, MA
dc.creatorProctor, G.K.
dc.date2021-11-24T14:05:48.000
dc.date.accessioned2021-11-29T12:48:04Z
dc.date.available2021-11-29T12:48:04Z
dc.date.issued1870-01-01T00:00:00-0752:58
dc.date.submitted2018-10-17T07:15:32-07:00
dc.identifierstereoviews/293
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/20.500.13013/1815
dc.description.abstractSV-294 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View looking down Washington Street toward the Eastern Railroad depot in Salem, Mass. The visages of the Odd Fellows Hall (Asiatic Block) and Calef's Tea & Coffee Warehouse are visible to the left. Published by G.K. Proctor, 206 Essex Street, c. 1870. Built in 1847, the Salem Depot, with a stone facade resembling a medieval castle, stood for over a century before being demolished in 1954-55; at the same time, a new railroad tunnel was built under the site. The site is now occupied by the intersection of Washington and New Derby Street, along with Riley Plaza.
dc.titleEastern Railroad Depot.
dc.typeimage
dc.legacy.pubstatuspublished
dc.legacy.pubtitleStereoviews
dc.coverage.latitude42.5209375
dc.coverage.longitude-70.8955625
dc.identifier.iddepot008.tif
dc.legacy.identifieritemhttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/stereoviews/293
dc.legacy.identifierfilehttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/context/stereoviews/article/1315/type/native/viewcontent
dc.subject.keywordSalem
dc.subject.keywordRailroads
dc.subject.keywordEastern Railroad
dc.subject.keywordEastern Railroad Depot
dc.subject.keywordSalem Depot
dc.subject.keywordWashington Street
dc.subject.keywordJohn Calef
dc.subject.keywordOdd Fellows Hall
dc.subject.keywordAsiatic Block


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
0-depot005b.tif
Size:
28.16Mb
Format:
TIFF image
Thumbnail
Name:
depot005.tif
Size:
27.59Mb
Format:
TIFF image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record