Washington Street, near the depot.
|dc.coverage.spatial||G4C3+8Q Salem, MA|
|dc.creator||Beckford, Charles A.|
|dc.description.abstract||SV295 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View looking south toward the Eastern Railroad depot in Salem, Mass., from Washington Street. A trolley car can be seen to the right while horses and carriages are on the left (along with a sign for Calef's Tea & Coffee Warehouse), and the cobblestones on the street are visible. Published by Charles A. Beckford, 141 Washington Street, c. 1868-70. Built in 1847, the Salem Depot, with a stone facade resembling a medieval castle, stood for over a century before being demolished in 1954-55; at the same time, a new railroad tunnel was built under the site. The site is now occupied by the intersection of Washington and New Derby Street, along with Riley Plaza.|
|dc.title||Washington Street, near the depot.|
|dc.subject.keyword||Eastern Railroad Depot|