Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialG4C2+C6 Salem, MA
dc.creatorGuy & Bros.
dc.creatorCook & Friend
dc.date2021-11-24T14:05:47.000
dc.date.accessioned2021-11-29T12:39:27Z
dc.date.available2021-11-29T12:39:27Z
dc.date.issued1872-01-01T00:00:00-0752:58
dc.date.submitted2018-05-09T11:59:58-07:00
dc.identifierstereoviews/221
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/20.500.13013/1736
dc.description.abstractSV220 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View, from Essex Street, of the North Church at 316 Essex Street (built in 1836 after separation with the First Church at Town House Square) in Salem, Mass. Three men are in view. Published "expressly for" Guy & Bros. at 163 Essex Street in "Salem and Vicinity," c. 1872. Photographers Cook & Friend are listed. Upon reintegration in 1923 with the First Church, and subsequently becoming the home for the newly reunited congregation, the North Church building became known as home to one of the oldest continuous Protestant congregation in the country with a foundation date of 1629. View is the same as SV221.
dc.titleNorth Church.
dc.typeimage
dc.legacy.pubstatuspublished
dc.legacy.pubtitleStereoviews
dc.coverage.latitude42.5210625
dc.coverage.longitude-70.8994375
dc.identifier.idnorthchurch002.tif
dc.legacy.identifieritemhttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/stereoviews/221
dc.legacy.identifierfilehttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/context/stereoviews/article/1237/type/native/viewcontent
dc.subject.keywordSalem
dc.subject.keywordChurches
dc.subject.keywordNorth Church
dc.subject.keywordFirst Church
dc.subject.keywordEssex Street
dc.subject.keywordPeople


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
0-northchurch002b.tif
Size:
31.52Mb
Format:
TIFF image
Thumbnail
Name:
northchurch002.tif
Size:
23.64Mb
Format:
TIFF image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record