Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialLafayette Street @ Harbor Street, Salem, MA
dc.date2021-11-24T14:05:47.000
dc.date.accessioned2021-11-29T12:39:07Z
dc.date.available2021-11-29T12:39:07Z
dc.date.issued1882-01-01T00:00:00-0752:58
dc.date.submitted2018-05-09T11:41:23-07:00
dc.identifierstereoviews/218
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/20.500.13013/1732
dc.description.abstractSV217 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of the South Methodist Church, after a post-1874 renovation, at the corner of Harbor and Lafayette Street in Salem, Mass. Creator/publisher unidentified, but the "Salem and Vicinity" and "American Scenery" card resembles Miller & Best in font and style, c. 1882-85. Built in the early 1800s to serve the Methodist population of Salem, the congregation eventually left this building in 1910 for a new building at 296 Lafayette Street. Thereafter, according to the 1911 atlas, the old church building served as home to the Franco-American Catholic Association. However, not long after, the wooden structure was completely destroyed in the Great Salem Fire of 1914.
dc.titleSouth Methodist Church.
dc.typeimage
dc.legacy.pubstatuspublished
dc.legacy.pubtitleStereoviews
dc.coverage.latitude42.5176712
dc.coverage.longitude-70.8930577
dc.identifier.idmethodist001.tif
dc.legacy.identifieritemhttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/stereoviews/218
dc.legacy.identifierfilehttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/context/stereoviews/article/1234/type/native/viewcontent
dc.subject.keywordSalem
dc.subject.keywordMethodist Church
dc.subject.keywordLafayette Street
dc.subject.keywordHarbor Street


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
0-methodist001b.tif
Size:
24.38Mb
Format:
TIFF image
Thumbnail
Name:
methodist001.tif
Size:
24.44Mb
Format:
TIFF image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record