Show simple item record

dc.creatorTilton, John P.
dc.date2021-11-24T14:05:46.000
dc.date.accessioned2021-11-29T12:33:03Z
dc.date.available2021-11-29T12:33:03Z
dc.date.issued1868-01-01T00:00:00-0752:58
dc.date.submitted2018-04-10T10:54:54-07:00
dc.identifierstereoviews/161
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/20.500.13013/1669
dc.description.abstractSV156 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View looking at the East India Hall, the home of the Peabody Academy of Science, from the non-extant corner of Essex and St Peter Street. On the bottom floor, the storefronts of the Naumkeag National Bank and Thomas B. Nichols & Co. drugstore are visible. Also visible, to the right, is "The Patheonian," a furnishing and crockery store owned by Guy & Brothers at 163 Essex Street. Published by John P. Tilton at 220 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., c. 1874-78. The presence of Guy & Bros. in the view dates the images themselves to c. 1868-72, when they were operational. View is the same as SV154, published under Peabody & Tilton.
dc.titlePeabody Academy of Science.
dc.typeimage
dc.legacy.pubstatuspublished
dc.date.display1868en_US
dc.legacy.pubtitleStereoviews
dc.coverage.latitude42.5217275
dc.coverage.longitude-70.8931983
dc.identifier.idmarinehall004.tif
dc.legacy.identifieritemhttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/stereoviews/161
dc.legacy.identifierfilehttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/context/stereoviews/article/1171/type/native/viewcontent
dc.subject.keywordSalem
dc.subject.keywordEast India Marine Hall
dc.subject.keywordMarine Hall
dc.subject.keywordPeabody Academy
dc.subject.keywordEssex Street


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
0-marinehall004b.tif
Size:
32.74Mb
Format:
TIFF image
Thumbnail
Name:
marinehall004.tif
Size:
23.98Mb
Format:
TIFF image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record