Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialG4C3+H2 Salem, MA
dc.creatorPeabody & Tilton
dc.date2021-11-24T14:05:46.000
dc.date.accessioned2021-11-29T12:32:38Z
dc.date.available2021-11-29T12:32:38Z
dc.date.issued1874-01-01T00:07:02-0752:58
dc.date.submitted2018-04-05T10:41:40-07:00
dc.identifierstereoviews/157
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/20.500.13013/1665
dc.description.abstractSV159 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of Mechanic Hall, at 283-287 Essex Street, taken from down the street. Also visible are a few of the surrounding shops, including John S. Ives's seed store to the left across Crombie St. Published by Peabody & Tilton, 220 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., c. 1874-78. Built as a meeting place and function hall for the Salem Charitable Mechanic Association in 1839, Mechanic Hall eventually succumbed to fire on February 4, 1905, and was replaced on the site by the Empire Theatre. Currently, the site now houses a parking lot. View is the same as SV158.
dc.titleMechanic Hall.
dc.typeimage
dc.legacy.pubstatuspublished
dc.legacy.pubtitleStereoviews
dc.coverage.latitude42.5214375
dc.coverage.longitude-70.8974375
dc.identifier.idmechanichall003.tif
dc.legacy.identifieritemhttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/stereoviews/157
dc.legacy.identifierfilehttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/context/stereoviews/article/1165/type/native/viewcontent
dc.subject.keywordSalem
dc.subject.keywordMechanic Hall
dc.subject.keywordJohn S. Ives
dc.subject.keywordEssex Street
dc.subject.keywordCrombie Street


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
0-mechanichall003b.tif
Size:
32.70Mb
Format:
TIFF image
Thumbnail
Name:
mechanichall003.tif
Size:
24.26Mb
Format:
TIFF image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record