Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialG4C2+JR Salem, MA
dc.creatorGrindal, S.
dc.date2021-11-24T14:05:46.000
dc.date.accessioned2021-11-29T12:32:22Z
dc.date.available2021-11-29T12:32:22Z
dc.date.issued1870-01-01T00:00:00-0752:58
dc.date.submitted2018-04-05T10:18:31-07:00
dc.identifierstereoviews/155
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/20.500.13013/1663
dc.description.abstractSV157 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of Mechanic Hall, at 283-287 Essex Street, taken from the yard of Mary A. Sanders across the street. The storefronts of Xenophon H. Shaw & Sons gilders and Roderick A. Mackenzie's merchant tailor shop can be seen occupying the bottom floor. Posters for the play "Sea of Ice" starring Jean Hosmer, to be shown at the hall, are visible on the front columns. Also visible, to the right of the hall, is Moses P. Perkins's fruit and confectionary shop. Published by S. Grindal, 144 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., c. 1870. Built as a meeting place and function hall for the Salem Charitable Mechanic Association in 1839, Mechanic Hall eventually succumbed to fire on February 4, 1905, and was replaced on the site by the Empire Theatre. Currently, the site now houses a parking lot.
dc.titleMechanic Hall.
dc.typeimage
dc.legacy.pubstatuspublished
dc.legacy.pubtitleStereoviews
dc.coverage.latitude42.5215625
dc.coverage.longitude-70.8979375
dc.identifier.idmachanichall001.tif
dc.legacy.identifieritemhttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/stereoviews/155
dc.legacy.identifierfilehttps://digitalcommons.salemstate.edu/context/stereoviews/article/1163/type/native/viewcontent
dc.subject.keywordSalem
dc.subject.keywordMechanic Hall
dc.subject.keywordEssex Street
dc.subject.keywordCrombie Street


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
0-mechanichall001b.tif
Size:
32.35Mb
Format:
TIFF image
Thumbnail
Name:
mechanichall001.tif
Size:
24.26Mb
Format:
TIFF image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record